This easy to make Homemade Acai Bowl Recipe has just a few good-for-you ingredients and makes for an easy and healthy breakfast!
For the longest time, I’ve gone to a smoothie place here in Nashville whenever I wanted to treat myself to a nutrient packed Acai bowl. They’re SO delicious and refreshing (especially on a warmer summer day) but they’re also PRICEY! The medium sized acai bowl that I usually get is $10 and a dollar if you want any of the extra add-ons (which I typically do). That’s a lot for smoothie bowl.
It used to be that finding frozen acai packets at the store was difficult and fairly expensive. However, lately I have found frozen acai packets and most of my usual grocery stores for a pretty reasonable price. SO I figured it was time to make my own Acai Bowls at home.
I’ve been on a HUGE smoothie kick lately (see HERE for my recent roundup of all of my favorite smoothie recipes!)
In the past, I used acai powder but really don’t like it as much as the frozen acai packets. The powder just has a rather bitter taste and I don’t prefer it. Luckily, I’ve been seeing the frozen packets a lot lately at some of the stores that I frequent the most including Trader Joe’s and Publix.
I use one packet per smoothie in this recipe but I’ve seen others that call for just half of a packet if you want to make them go slower OR if you prefer a slightly lighter acai flavor.
HOW TO MAKE THIS ACAI BOWL RECIPE:
As most smoothie recipes go, this is a “dump everything in the blend and BLEND” kinda thing. Easy and DONE!
You might need to add in a little bit of extra liquid to get the blender going and the acai block completely blended. I try and refrain from adding too much since we want this extra thick and creamy.
This easy to make Homemade Acai Bowl Recipe has just a few good-for-you ingredients and makes for an easy and healthy breakfast!
SCALE
INGREDIENTS
1 Acai packet, roughly 100g (I’ve found these a Trader Joe’s, Target, and my local Publix store)
½ cup of liquid (I like almond milk here but any milk or water would also work)
1 cup of berries (I typically use strawberries or a mixed berry blend)
½ frozen banana OR ¼ cup of cauliflower florets*
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
INSTRUCTIONS
Add all of the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until creamy and smooth. If needed, add a little additional liquid to get the blender going but remember that you want this to be rather thick.
Pour into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings such as additional fruit, coconut flakes, cacao nibs, and chia seeds. ENJOY!
NOTES
*This smoothie can be a lot of fruit for some people OR they may not be able to have bananas. If this is the case, frozen cauliflower is a great option to provide nutrients and creaminess in place of the banana.
This Mexican bean and potato bake is a hearty, satisfying one pot dinner with plenty of fresh veg! If you asked me what my ideal meal would be, it would be something hearty and cheesy, but still with plenty of fresh veggies. Basically – this Mexican bean and potato bake. It’s exactly the sort of thing I love. POTATO BAKE CAN BE A BALANCED MEAL! I absolutely love a good potato bake, but I generally think of it as a side dish , rather than a main course. Think of something like potato dauphinoise – wonderfully delicious, but not exactly packed with nutrition. You definitely need to serve something else alongside it to make a full meal (assuming someone else is watching… if you’re alone, I say go for it…). This Mexican bean and potato bake, on the other hand, is unquestionably a meal in its own right. It’s got carbs, protein, and plenty of fresh veggies, all cooked up in one big pan – easy, fuss-free, and delicious! ROASTED POTATOES This bean and potato bake starts with o...
Easy tofu kebabs that are perfect for summer grilling season! Summer is 1000% my favorite time of year and for us it means TONS of grilling! After I shared the Grilled Tofu recipe last month, I knew that I needed to make a version of it on kebabs. I used all of my favorite summer veggies on this one but obviously you can use whatever works best! These vegan kebabs are perfect for summer get togethers where you’re not sure if there will be any veggie options for you. You can assemble them ahead of time and then pop them on the grill whenever you’re ready! I marinated the tofu in the same marinate that I used with the grilled tofu because it’s simple and so good! Why re-invent the wheel when you don’t have to, right? In an ideal situation, the pressed tofu would get marinated overnight but if you don’t have that much time, a much shorter marinade would also work just fine. After the tofu has marinated, I toss the veggies in that same liquid to give them a little flavor and so ...
A quick and efficient way to cook a whole bird on the grill is to butterfly, or "spatchcock" it. When cooking a whole chicken on the grill, try searing the chicken first over direct heat then finish cooking over indirect heat (as instructed in this recipe). That way you avoid the all too common problem when grilling—chicken burned on the outside and raw in the center. For best flavor, let the chicken marinate in the rub overnight in the refrigerator. Serve with lime wedges and fresh salsa. Ingredients 3 tablespoons chile powder, preferably New Mexico chile, or Hungarian paprika 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil 2 teaspoons freshly grated lime zest 3 tablespoons lime juice 1 tablespoon minced garlic 1 teaspoon ground coriander 1 teaspoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon dried oregano, preferably Mexican 1½ teaspoons kosher salt 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper Pinch of ground cinnamon 1 3½- to 4-pound chicken Preparation Active 30 m Ready In 1 h 25 m Combine chile powde...
Comments
Post a Comment